As the 49th state, Alaska is made up five different regions for you to explore. Check out the different maps below to get a sense of direction and where you want your next travel adventure to being.
- Arctic – As you can see on the map, the arctic region is mostly made up of remote wilderness. A large part of Alaska is untamed where the wildlife can roam and give you a chance of exploring the great unknown, writing your own story of a lifetime.
- Inside Passage – Along the Pacific Ocean, the inside passage is comprised of glaciers, stretching almost 500 miles long. In-depth maps will show you the glacier passages while you take on breathtaking views along with marine wildlife.
- Interior – Home of Denali, the largest mountain peak in Alaska, the interior section is mostly tundra and wildlife. Although it’s an explorers dream area, be careful as there are high chances you will run into grizzly bears and caribou.
- South Central – As you continue your journey on the map of Alaska, you will soon run into the south central area. Here is where the more populated cities of the state are and gives you the chance to make day trips out into wild, before coming back for a good nights sleep. Anchorage and Juneau, the two largest cities in the state are located in this region.
- South West – Back into the wilderness and wetlands, this region is once again known for it’s robust wildlife and wilderness areas for you to explore.
Maps of Cities in Alaska
This map will explore the top 10 most populated cities in Alaska. Although there are hundreds of towns you can visit, some only have populations of 3-10 people. Just going their could raise their census status by 25 percent!
If there are other cities you’d like us to add to the map, please let us know and we’d be more than happy to update it.
Map of Things To Do in Alaska
1. Denali National Park
2. Tracy Arm Fjord
3. Kenai Fjords National Park
4. Alaska Highway
5. University of Alaska Museum of the North
6. Inside Passage
7. Dalton Highway
8. Alaska Native Heritage Center
9. Wrangell-St. Elias National Park & Preserve
10. Iditarod National Historic Trail
11. Mendenhall Glacier
12. Klondike Gold Rush National Historical Park