Big Bay State Park Camping – Wisconsin
For the outdoor enthusiast, Big Bay State Park offers a wide range of activities from hiking, fishing, boating, and even hunting. Once you pitch your tent, sit back and relax as Wisconsin’s wilderness engulfs you and makes you feel one with nature.
Big Bay State Park Camping Details and Map
Address: 2402 Hagen Rd, La Pointe, WI 54850
Amenities: Picnic Tables, Fire Pits, Restrooms, Showers, Electrical Hookups
21 of the campsites offer electrical hookups if you want to bring your RV. There are also several walk in campsites which are a few hundred feet into the woods from the parking lot. Each campsite has a specific place for your tent and most have great views of Lake Superior. Firewood is also available to buy from the visitors center.
Big Bay State Park Activities
- Hiking – With over seven miles of trails, you can spend an entire day enjoying the wilderness, while trying to see over 240 native birds to the area.
- Swimming – There is almost a 2 mile long beach, with the largest freshwater lake in the world. It’s the perfect way to cool down on a hot summer day.
- Kayaking – Madeline Island has a few caves to explore which is accessible by kayak. The water can get a little choppy so be careful.
- Fishing – Trout, Salmon, and Small Mouth Bass are the common species of fish you can find in Lake Superior.
- Hunting – For those big game buck and bear hunters, Big Bay State Park will be your dream destination.
Camping at Big Bay State Park is one of the best spots Wisconsin has to offer. With all the activities and amazing views, make sure you get your reservation early as during the summer time it can fill up quickly. Happy Camping!