Located 30 miles to the south of McCall, Gold Fork hot springs are one of the most-visited commercial hot springs in Idaho. Even though Idaho stays warm for the most part of the year, Gold Fork hot springs are flocked with tourists and visitors all year round.
The temperature of the water in hot water springs can be controlled by adjusting the placement of rocks. Even in summers, the water is pleasant enough for a good soak. Families enjoy hot water springs as they can picnic around them and take time out to relax in the naturally beautiful landscape.
However, Gold Fork hot springs of Idaho are said to have a greater purpose than just fun – healing.
Importance of Gold Fork Hot Springs, Idaho
Gold Fork hot springs have six mineral pools and all of them are designs to make the water flow smooth. Their temperatures generally range from 85 degrees to 110 degrees. The water in the hot springs is a hundred percent natural and has alkaline properties at a Ph of 9. There are other minerals that the water collects from the surface of mother earth and combines with the water to make it slick.
The minerals present in the water of Gold Fork hot springs, Idaho are calcium, fluoride, sodium, lithium, potassium, arsenic, and boron. All these minerals are highly beneficial for the skin and body. In fact, these minerals have healing properties.
Many visitors come to this hot water spring again and again because the stories of how the water has healed illnesses and ailments are always making rounds. People believe that Gold Fork has healing water that touches the skin and enters the body to heal several different kinds of illnesses.
Other Things to Know About Gold Fork
• Gold Fork hot water springs of Idaho have a 50-year-old wooden decking that adds to the beauty of the place. It also gives the place geothermal energy to keep it warm.
• There is a kid’s pool, making the place safe and suitable for families.
• There are forests nearby where you can camp and hike.
• Massage and spa facilities are available as well.
• The hot water spring is open all year round but it is closed every Tuesday for maintenance.
• The site has changing rooms, lockers, cafés, restrooms, swimsuit rentals, and other basic commodities that make the place convenient for a day visit.
• There is no overnight parking.
• Camping is currently not allowed.
• No cards are accepted so don’t forget to keep some cash.
Gold Fork is a perfect site for day tours with families. It is accessible, clean, and convenient for those who want a good soak to wash away their tensions and anxieties. The best part is that those who create a mess in the springs are politely asked to leave. This makes the place cleaner and holier as it offers more than just mind healing – it heals the body too!
Located in the middle of lush green trees, Gold Fork is a perfect getaway from the chaotic city life. So plan a trip today!