Your body is your temple, so treat it well. The better you feel the better attitude you exude on the world and the better are things that come back your way. Eat well, exercise, and learn a few tricks to improve the things you do every day. Choose a form of movement and diet that you love, so you stick with it longterm.
For those interested in learning Muay Thai while traveling in Thailand, there are countless gyms to choose from throughout the country. The little beachside community of Ao Nang in Krabi features one particular school, offering private lessons to foreigners and locals of any skill level, as well as group classes. Wondering around the streets of …
Most people would prefer a sexy six pack of abs to show off, in addition to the benefits of having a strong core. However, it’s tough work and even with all those sit-ups, you still aren’t seeing the results you crave. If that’s the case, check your diet. If your an athletic person who works …
[Michigan state judo tournament. Photo: Keith DeLong] Most fights go to the ground, right, everyone’s heard a random statistic. If so it’s imperative you get back to your feet as soon as possible. By knowing what to do it will keep you from having to spend too long on the ground in a street fight. …
You may have heard about mindfulness, but you may not fully recognize what it is and why it matters. Mindfulness can help you achieve a range of health benefits through a simple change in awareness. What is Mindfulness? Mindfulness is full awareness of the present and your surroundings. It’s not worrying about self-defeating thoughts of …
Guide to Health, Fitness and Wellness Tips
Being the healthiest you can be is such an important thing. If you have that, no matter what happens, “you always have your health.” And that means more than just the physical.
You have to look after and work on all aspects of your being. If you’re down in one area, say feeling depressed, work on the physical and your mental can improve. Down in the dumps, force yourself to be social and hang out with people. Watch your mood improve. If you have no friends, go to a meetup, join a club, practice a new group sport, maybe dancing, martial arts or kickball.
Physical, Mental and Social Health
Eat nutritious food and exercise regularly. If you do those two physical things, more than likely, your mental and social well being will also improve. However, there are ways to boost the latter two things on their own. Here are some of our favorite tips for a healthy lifestyle:
- Practices like mindfulness and mediation are incredibly beneficial to the body. Relax, take a deep breath, and let it all out. There is no wrong way to meditate. Whether you sit down for 30 minutes with your eyes closed, or just a minute in the morning, you may be surprised by how good you feel when you do this.
- Be grateful…things could always be worse. If you don’t believe us, travel outside of your comfort zone and see the world around you.
- Do something nice for someone. Hold a door, donate your time, even a simple smile and hello goes a long way to someone who needs it.
- Go for daily walks. This can be a form of meditation where you let your mind wonder and go where it wants while you trek along.
- Get into nature. This can be on your walks, when snowboarding, or camping in the woods. Let that fresh air hit your nostrils and listen to the birds sing. This is incredibly therapeutic.
- Stretch your body. Legs, arms, hips, learn some good stretches to do at home and practice them while watching TV. Or take up yoga and have some forced stretching brought into your life. Sometimes things are easier to do with a push from a coach and with the camaraderie of others doing the same around you.
- Sweat. Find a form of exercise you love doing and release those toxins.
- Be social in real life (no meta universe here). Build relationships. Every wise person will tell you they are among the most important things in life.
- Take your best medicine every day…talking about laughter here. Find the funny in the little things in life. Laugh, laugh, laugh.
- Earthing…ever heard of it? Walk barefoot outside and connect with the magical powers of the earth beneath your feet. It’s like being in a nature, something about it is raw and oddly soothing.
- Get a dog, get a cat, get a pig, whatever, animals are cool and chill you out.
- Relax. Stress less. This goes back to being grateful – things could be worse. Maybe easier said than done, but you’ll likely agree that everybody just needs to chill the #*$% out.
This list could go on and on. There are an endless myriad of ways to strength your physical, mental and social health. Pick one from the aforementioned bullet points and try it out. If you don’t feel better, we’ll refund your money. Sante!