Ruby Valley Hot Springs – Nevada
This primitive hot springs pool is out in the middle of nowhere, surrounding by marshland, brush, and the most epic backdrop of Nevada’s mountain range. Ruby Valley Hot Springs is one of those places few know about, yet one of the great hidden gems of the state. If you are out and about near Ruby Valley Refuge, these has to be on your bucket list of places to check out.
There are quite a few different hot springs pools for you to try out, ranging in temperatures of luke warm to scolding hot. The main area of Ruby Valley Hot Springs where most enjoy a relaxing soak is the largest of the pools and has a bright emerald color to it. It’s temperature averages right around 100 degrees making it ideal for people of all ages.
When we say Ruby Valley Hot Springs is in the middle of nowhere we truly mean it. The closest service area is a couple hours away so be sure to bring enough supplies including food, water, towels, hiking shoes, and of course gas. It’s a bit of trek through dirt roads so it’s also best if you have an off road vehicle.
Directions to Ruby Valley Hot Springs
From Elko, Nevada
1. Start on NV-227 East for 7 miles
2. Make a right onto NV-228 South and continue for another 30 miles
3. Merge onto Harrison Pass Road which turn into Old Harrison Pass Road for 4 miles
4. Merge onto NF-113 and continue for 4 miles
5. Merge onto NF-357 for 1 mile
6. Merge back onto NF-113 for 6 miles
7. Make a left onto Ruby Valley Road and almost an immediate right (a sign will say Ruby Wash)
8. Continue on this dirt road for 3 miles and make a right at the fork to reach your destination.
Don’t miss out on one of Nevada’s best kept secrets with this primitive hot springs. It’s well worth the adventure. Happy Soaking!